Thousands in Belgium sing for a call to action on climate change. Listen and view now. From 2012. Question: In what way does climate change relate to war, power and the understanding of peace as a process to make respectful change in our world? What are the characteristics of this music without the words? How is the text connected to the music to evoke, create, cause change or action or engagement in the listener?
ISIS propaganda video contains music that is directly opposite to the violence that underlies the Sunni-Shite conflicts. Why is the music the opposite of the US media/movie war music and a western view of the “culture of war”? Does the knowing the music inform you about insights into the propaganda of this film and possibly deeper into the first step of understanding to build a peaceful solution to a conflict?
See email for Turnitin codes
- Assignment 1
- Assignment 2.1 Greeks Reading Assignment Instructions (Due 9/2)
- Assignment 2.2 Annotated Reading on Ancient Greece: War, Peace & Theatre (22 pp. pdf)
- Assignment 2.3 Plato, Aristotle and Ancient Greek Instruments/Video (2 pp. pdf)
- MWP Assignment 2 Nat.Anth Prezi 1 (Updated 9/9/14)
- Assignment 4 Evolving Essay on Music, War and Peace (Stage 1 due 9/9)
- Assignment 5: La Guerre (Due 9/23)
- Assignment 6: L’homme arme ( Due 9/30)
- Assignment 7: Evolving EssayStage2 (Due 10/5)
- Special On-line class October 7, 2014 (Classwork to be posted soon)
- Assignment 8: MWP Prezi Project 2 (Due Nov 4)
- Assignment 9: Beethoven (TBA)
- Assignment 10: Evolving Essay for Final Paper-Draft Submission (Due Dec. 4)
- Assignment 11: Evolving Essay final submission and Prezi Briefing (Submit Essay to turnitin prior to Final Exam, Thursday, December 18, 10:30 am and present Prezi Briefing at the Final Exam) Open the preceeding link for assignment details.